Evident in metallics when all the aluminium particles tend to run the one way. Encountered mostly on vertical surfaces where the weight of the aluminium “drops” through the applied coat
- Applying metallics too heavily almost to the run and sag stage.
- Wrong thinning reduction.
- Wrong gun adjustment and technique.
- Insufficient flash time between coats.
- Do not apply in heavy wet coats.
- Use recommended thinning ratios.
- Use good spray techniques i.e. gun held at right angles 15-20 cm from the job with a constant gun speed over complete area.
- Allow recommended flash times between coats.
If silking has already occurred, sand with fine paper and refinish.
Other Defects:← Back