Appears to the naked eye as a loss of gloss, close examination under low magnification reveals a large number of minute cracks.
Excessive stresses in the paint film due to:
- Inadequate mixing of materials prior to application, insufficient thinning or the wrong grade of thinner.
- Excessive film thickness, colour coat applied over inadequately dry or excessively thick under coats.
- Incorrect use of additives.
- Always mix paint thoroughly, and use the correct amount of recommended thinner.
- Use correct spraying techniques. Apply paint in thin, web films and allow adequate drying time between coats.
- Only use approved additives.
Sand the affected area down to a sound, smooth finish and repaint.
Other Defects:← Back