2016-2017 Automotive Colour Palettes
In response to the continued demand for colour innovation in automotive coatings, PPG NEXA AUTOCOLOR® has introduced more than 60 exterior shades to manufacturers for consideration in styling 2016-2017 model year vehicles. Titled “Colorography,” the collection includes five palettes:
· Hi-Breed emphasizes the new design harmony between man and nature with a palette consisting of neutrals, pastels and bright hues such as Lapis, a brilliant gemstone blue that uses ANDARO(R) tint dispersions by PPG.
· Mosaic is based on the wealth of artisan patterns, shapes and prints, as well as their strong colorations, and it includes colours such as Autumn, a vivid metallic orange with coloured aluminium flake that evokes an image of fall foliage.
· New Spirit reflects the primitive, natural colours of a desert sunset with shades such as Sunray, an intense yellow tri-coat colour with a high-sparkle glass flake.
· Magnifigance combines the words magnificent and elegance, and the palette recaptures elaborate styling details and opulent, regal colours for a post-recession world with colours such as Mystic Magenta, a vibrant purple with a unique hue-shift effect.
· Theorem is a precise and minimal contemporary palette that uses rich brown, red and deep blue as accents for balanced neutrals such as Crisp Grey, a graphite colour with a surprise highlight of green metallic.
PPG Nexa Autocolor engages a network of 23 internal colour experts with a focus on automotive, architectural, aerospace and consumer products markets. These specialists analyse design trends, consumer preferences and priorities across regional, cultural and global markets to determine factors that will influence future colour choices. The new colours and palettes introduced this year for automotive manufacturers reflect developments across all these markets and influences.
NEXA AUTOCOLOR® is a registered Trademark of PPG Industries Ohio, Inc.